What can I expect to happen at 1 Cosmetic Group?
Your journey will begin by contacting one of our surgical advisors. An open discussion will take place, as fat transfer breast augmentation is an exclusive process and may not be suitable for all individuals, thus we take great care early on to give you the best possible advice.
We invite you to have a consultation with one of our surgeons. This will involve taking measurements, collaboratively developing a personalised surgical plan and may include taking some photographs about the chosen area. You will be given an understanding of the kind of result you can expect from your procedure and make an informed decision of the best way forward.
How does breast reshaping work?
To understand the Fat transfer breast augmentation process, it can be divided into five different stages.
- You and your surgeon will have an open discussion about which area of your body could you extract fat tissues from. This area is called a donor site as the area of chosen fat tissue will be used in the procedure later on. Some women may have an area on their body with excess fat they would prefer to reduce (this might be on the hips, abdomen or thighs), which could act as their preferred donor site for surgery. However, some women may not have any obvious areas of excess fat. In this case, deep pockets of fat tissues from carefully chosen sites are gathered.
- The fat is then removed using specialised extraction equipment with a vacuum pressure designed to gather sufficient fat and yet not damage the fat cells, which is a vigorous process designed to terminate and eliminate the delicate fat cells.
- Once the fat tissues are obtained a filtration and washing cycle is conducted on them in order to purify the fat used in the grafting stage of the procedure.
- There is a possibility you might decide that you want to adjust your breast shape and not only increase your size. If needed and mutually agreed on, fat tissues can be injected precisely into separate areas of the breast such as the part of the breast above the nipple (upper pole) and the cleavage in order to enhance these areas in accordance with your vision and desires. This might be a reason some women may prefer this over the traditional technique of breast augmentation with implants. This procedure can also be undertaken for women who already have implants or would like to have a breast augmentation as it cannot only enhance their cleavage, but also can reduce the visibility of breast implants, to give off a more natural look.
- After your cosmetic surgery, a recovery stage will entail. During this stage, the reinserted fat will develop its own blood supply, which may increase the size of the breast even further.
You will be seen by your surgical team to review the outcome of the breast reshaping surgery. We will check that the transplanted fat cells are developing sufficient blood supply, as well as observe the recovery of any incision points. We will also generally assess your health and well-being following on from your procedure.
The final results can take up to nine months to be fully achieved. During this time, your breast tissue will grow, and your breasts will form their final contour following your procedure. As always, you will be supported by our surgical staff.
For those looking for a larger increase in breast size, it is possible to combine Fat Transfer with traditional breast implants.
Combining breast implants with fat transfer can produce a more natural-looking shape than just using implants alone.
The breast reshaping surgery will be illustrated in detail, and you will be given a detailed instruction sheet on the expected post-operative course and potential complications during your consultation. It is recommended that you are at a stable weight for at least 3-6 months to obtain the best possible results. It is advised to stop smoking at least 6 weeks before and after surgery.